ShenArts Announces Call for Artists for our upcoming Art in the Halls exhibition:
Abide: Working Artists Showcase
This exhibition will showcase local professional and semi-professional working artists in celebration of the important role art has played in helping people endure the Covide-19 pandemic, and to encourage patronage and support of artists, a sometimes forgotten segment of small businesses, that are being threatened by the crisis.
Winchester, VA (December 14, 2020) — The Shenandoah Arts Council is seeking professional artists to submit up to three pieces of work to be considered by the selection committee for inclusion in this exhibition which will hang at the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley from 01/26/21-04/19/21. This exhibition is open to professional and semi-professional level artists of the Northern Shenandoah Valley, working in all media.
The deadline for submissions is January 15th, 2021.
- Please make sure to include a high res image file with your submission as this will assist us greatly in creating all online content related to this exhibition.
- Only artwork that has never been on display at the MSV will be considered for selection.
- Due to space constraints in the hall galleries, please keep submission sizes within the approximate 6′ x 4.5′ range.
- The submission fee for this exhibition is $35 for non members, $25 for members, $20 for veterans.
- Notifications will be sent 01/18/21.
Please note that the goal of this exhibition is to increase and elevate patronage of working artists, and as such, we encourage those interested to submit works that are currently available for purchase.
If your work is accepted and you have items that you would like to submit for possible inclusion in the MSV Gift Shop during this exhibition’s run, please contact Christy Broy at [email protected] for more information.